|Coach Job Postings|
|Menlo School seeking Asst. Girls' Water Polo Coach|
|Message Date: 5/27/2018 9:29:41 AM|
|Author: Claire Howie|
|Subject: Menlo School seeking Asst. Girls' Water Polo Coach|
About Menlo School Athletics
The Athletics program complements Menlo School’s rigorous college preparatory program with an extensive offering of highly competitive team sports, providing students the opportunity to develop mind, body and character for themselves, their teams and their school. https://www.menloschool.org/athletics/about-menlo-athletics.php
Menlo School (Atherton, CA) is seeking 2 assistant girls’ water polo coaches to join the team for the upcoming 2018 Fall season. This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute and learn at one of Northern California’s premiere prep schools in an environment that encourages success for students and faculty alike and benefits greatly from the outstanding and unwavering support of parents.
The season starts August 13, 2018 and runs through November 10, 2018. Assistant Coaches should be available Monday - Friday between 2:00pm and 8:00pm and during the day on Saturdays for practice and tournaments. Depending on the interest, needs and experience of individual candidates, pre-season summer coaching opportunities and other seasonal coaching and year round positions may be possible.
Candidates must have a passion for Water Polo and the desire to raise the level of play, develop a higher “Water Polo IQ” as a coach and for the athletes. Ideal candidates will have competed as a player at the collegiate level or overseas in a high performance environment and have some coaching experience, combined for a minimum of 4 years experience. While we are following a team approach to coaching, each assistant coach will have specific areas of responsibility and will be frequently in the water with the players demonstrating techniques and skill refinements.
• Working knowledge of high school rules and regulations as they pertain to student-athletes and prospective student-athletes.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and proven organizational skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in team environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to persuade encourage and motivate team members.
• Possesses a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization.
A cooperative team approach will be taken in coaching throughout the season, with all coaches having the opportunity to give input and help shape the path of this years’ team. Coaching responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in planning team offense and defense strategies.
• Help plan and execute practice plans throughout the season.
• Coaching both junior varsity and varsity level athletes.
• Manage game filming and film review with athletes.
Assistant coaches will also be asked to help with some of the administrative duties throughout the season.
• Help manage schedule / calendar.
• Coordinates camps and clinics for the girls’ water polo program.
• Assist in monitoring the academic performance of girl’s water polo student-athletes.
• Work with the parents to help coordinate parent volunteers for home events (games, Amanda MacDonald Invitational, PAL tournament, etc.)
• Assists with inventory and maintenance of team equipment and gear.
• Assists in driving the teams on all travel trips.
To apply send resumes and inquiries to: Claire Howie, email@example.com
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $4,000 – $10,000
Hiring Range commensurate with experience and availability.
Applicants who are selected as possible final candidates must pass a criminal background check.