|Coach Job Postings|
|San Francisco Master's Coach|
|Message Date: 1/15/2017 2:53:13 PM|
|Author: Sallie Walecka|
|Subject: San Francisco Master's Coach|
Tsunami Coach Advertisement
January 15, 2017
San Francisco Tsunami Water Polo was started in 2000 as an inclusive LGBTQ masters team. We aim to provide a safe, inclusive environment for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and straight athletes to participate in aquatics. We foster growth and improvement for players at all levels, and provide outreach to the community to improve health and wellbeing through sport. We are one of the few adult water polo teams in the Bay Area to welcome players of all levels, from beginner to advanced. We have an active roster of about 40 players, and we regularly compete in local, national and international tournaments.
The coach will work alongside the Tsunami board, and be responsible for the design and execution of practices.
• Develop the overall coaching philosophy to create consistent training and competitive methods in conjunction with the Tsunami water polo board
• Travel selectively for regional games, and potentially national and international tournaments
• Assists in overseeing weekly practices (x2) (we are in the process of trying to add a 3rd practice)
• Proven on deck coaching ability at the club, high school, collegiate, or international level
• Previous coaching experience at the high school, college/university, international or elite club level.
• Excellent communication skills
• Has demonstrated the ability to prepare practice plans
• Good organizational skills
• Works well with players ranging from beginner to experienced collegiate and masters
Coach will be paid on a per-experience basis, and all travel expenses will be paid by the club.
To apply please send resume to Sallie Walecka at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please state why you may be interested in this position and when you can start.