|Coach Job Postings|
|Head Coach - Rose Bowl Water Polo Club|
|Message Date: 6/24/2013 1:44:31 PM|
|Author: Greg Mescall|
|Subject: Head Coach - Rose Bowl Water Polo Club|
Head Coach, Water Polo Job Description
The Head Coach, Water Polo is responsible for the overall organization and management of the RBAC Water Polo Team, a year-round competitive water polo program that offers high-quality coaching and instruction to age-group water polo players of all ages and abilities. The position requires an extensive background in water polo and coaching, the ability to coordinate with and manage other water polo coaches to ensure the highest quality instruction, and the ability to travel with the team to competitions.
Experience in competitive water polo instruction, coaching, and administrative skills are critical. The ability to manage a competitive team, foster team spirit, administer a water polo program and communicate to parents and the water polo community are essential functions of the position. This position also requires fiscal management skills and the responsibility of creating and managing a budget of approximately $220,000.
* BA/BS required
* At least 5 years of coaching experience, with a preference for someone with extensive age-group coaching experience
* Leadership experience
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
This position requires the coordination and management of all water polo coaches, the assignment of responsibilities throughout the team and lessons program. Candidate must be a strong communicator, within the water polo staff, to the student-athletes and their parents, within the Center staff and as part of the water polo community.
* Plan and implement a comprehensive water polo training program that integrates training between all age groups, including JO level athletes
* Hire, train, motivate, manage and review water polo coaching staff and instructors
* Maintain clear and open communication between players, parents, coaches, and age group representatives
* Hold regular coaches meetings
* Answer emails and phone calls in a timely manner
* Plan annual team and lessons schedules and assign coaches
* Manage pool space requirements and the use of satellite training locations
* Plan and manage tournament events calendar, and monitor timely club entry in major tournaments
* Work as a member of RBAC senior staff
* Lead, direct and participate in development activities with RBAC community
* Plan, bid and run in-house local, regional, zone and national tournaments
* Attend weekly staff meetings as well as Booster Club meetings
* Serve as the primary liaison between the Center and the Booster Club
* Attend monthly Club board meetings
* Maintain AAU and US Water Polo Club Registrations and Coach Membership (which includes Safety certification, CPR, First Aid and background check)
* Serve as the public face of the RBAC Water Polo program
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Insure the financial viability of the Water Polo program
* Develop an annual Center budget for the program
* Create an annual Club budget
* Enforce RBAC Policies and Procedures
We are seeking a coach with a complete water polo background, from instruction to formal competition, and a track record of success, to lead an existing and successful water polo program. Applicants should be able to connect, inspire and work in concert with the water polo boosters club and parents groups, coaching staff, senior staff and our patrons.
The role is open until filled. The Deadline to submit a resume and to complete the RBAC’s Employment Application is Friday, August 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Pacific Standard Time. The RBAC Employment Application can be found at www.rosebowlaquatics.org. Applications can be submitted in person, through US Mail, or via e-mail. If submitting in person or via US Mail, please submit to: Mr. Tim Unger, Human Resources Department, Rose Bowl Aquatics Center, 360 N. Arroyo Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91103. If submitting via email, please send your resume and application to: email@example.com.