|Date/Time:||Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2019 (5:00 PM) - Saturday, Aug. 17, 2019 (2:00 PM)|
|Host:||Santa Barbara 805|| |
Thank you for your interest in our 2019 Summer Clinic!
Here are some FAQs to get us started - please feel free to contact me at any time with any questions you may have:
- When and where is the SB 805 Summer Clinic being held?
- The Summer Clinic is being held at San Marcos High School - 103 S Turnpike Rd, Santa Barbara, CA 93111
- Tuesday 5:00pm to 6:30pm (Aug 13)
- Wednesday 5:00pm to 6:30pm (Aug 14)
- Thursday 5:00pm to 6:30pm (Aug 15)
- Saturday 12:00pm to 2:00pm (Aug 17)
- Does my player need to attend all four sessions?
- Nope! We do recommend that they attend as many as possible to really get a good feel for the sport, but we also understand that people have prior commitments and activites
- What does my player need to bring?
- Your player will need a bathing suit and a towel (and it's absolutely OK for the boys to wear board shorts - you will be amazed at how quickly they transition to speedos if they start playing!). We also recommend goggles.
- Are parents allowed to stay?
- Of course! Please stay and watch - we will also have current parents and coaches available if you have any questions or would like to know more about water polo and our program
- What age groups does SB 805 WPC offer?
- We offer programs for players ages 5 through 18
- Teams are based on player's age as of August 1, 2020
- PeeWee Swim (5-11), 10/12/14/16/18 & Unders
- What is the cost of SB 805 WPC?
- We offer four sessions through the year - Fall (September-November), Winter (December-February), Spring (March-May), and Summer (June-August)
- Dues for each session are:
- PeeWee Swim - $195.00
- 10 & Under - $420.00
- 12/14/16/18 & Under - $585.00
- Is there an Intro Program?
- Yes! We offer an Intro to Water Polo program for 10/12/14 & Unders that begins the first week of every month and follows the below schedule:
- Week 1 & 2: Players attend the normal practice schedule for their age group
- These two weeks are free courtesy of the USAWP Trial Membership
- Week 3 & 4: Players attend a two-week Intro to Water Polo program that focuses on teaching the basic skills that will best enable a smooth transition into the player's age group. This session is intensive and will consist of three to four practices each week
- These two weeks are free courtesy of SB 805 WPC when the player registers for the current session (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer)
- What is the practice schedule?
- The practice schedule is two water polo practices and one/two swim conditioning practices weekly. While attendance is not mandatory, we highly encourage players to attend as many practices as they are able to
If you have nay questions, please feel free to contact either myself or Connor Levoff (Head Coach, Connor@805wpc.org)
|Location & Contact Information|
|Pool site:||San Marcos High School|
4750 Hollister Avenue
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
Last Updated: 8/20/2019 3:34:49 AM